This Library of Webinars/Videos are a resource for orthopaedic surgeons, their practice managers and coding staff. It is designed to be an informational tool to share information on a variety of relevant topics. The inclusion of a webinar/video in no way infers that COA endorses the company presenting the video or its products.
Blue Shield of California
Shared Savings Program
Listen to the webinar.
Download a PDF of the webinar here.
Contact Blue Shield for more information: CareReimagined@blueshieldca.com
- Finding Great Orthopedic Jobs During COVID – (12/2020) – Orrin Franko, M.D.
- $1 million+ Orthopedic Jobs in California — Learn More! (2/2019) – Orrin Franko, M.D.
How to Avoid, Appeal Claims Denials
If you see that a colleague is struggling, reaching out can be a critical first step in helping them get the support they need. It can be difficult, but at the appropriate time and place, you can start a meaningful conversation. With each individual and situation being different, there is no universal way to approach these tough discussions, but the 5 points in this helpful 2-page guide can show the way.
- Billing for Telemedicine Services – 3/2021
- AMA Billing Rules – E&M 2021
- COA Coding Webinar — Complex Hand Procedures -2020
- COA Coding Webinar — Complex Shoulder Procedures – 2020
- AAOS Evaluation and Management (E&M) — 2021 changes
- General Orthopedic Coding Updates — 2017
- Foot and Ankle Coding Updates — 2017
- Spine Surgery Coding Updates — 2017
- PT and OT Coding Updates – 2017
- Pain Management Coding Updates — 2017
- Narcotics (Pain) Prescription Policy Patient Agreement Form
- AAOS — Pain Relief Toolkit
- East Bay Safe Prescribing Coalition — Toolkits
- Safe Prescribing for Pain — National Institute on Drug Abuse — 3/2013
- Managing Pain Patients Who Abuse Rx Drugs — 3/2013
SBA PPP Loans
- Loan Forgiveness Under the Payroll Protection Program — Moderated by COA President, Lesley Anderson, M.D. and Presented by Chris Bell, CPA, Partner, Moss Adams
- 5 Things COA is Watching — Moderated by 2nd Vice President/Chair Legislative Committee, Russ Nord, M.D. and Presented by Kim Stone, COA Lobbyist, Elizabeth Healy, The Doctors Company, Stephen Borg, VP, The Keelen Group (2020)
- 5 Things We Worked on in Sacramento — Moderated by 2nd Vice President/Chair Legislative Committee, Russ Nord, M.D. and Presented by Kim Stone, COA Lobbyist (11/2020)
- CURES: Preparing for the New Duty-to-Consult Requirement (Effective 10/2/18) — CMA in collaboration with the California Department of Justice
- Mandatory Use of CURES — Medical Board of California
- Controlled Substance Utilization Review and Evaluation Systems (CURES) Mandatory Consultation FAQ List — Medical Board of California
- Child Abuse CME Course — Institute for Medical Quality Free Course
Health Disparities Podcast
- Movement is Life™ produces The Health Disparities Podcast, a biweekly series of conversations about health disparities with people who are working to eliminate them (6/2019)
- Changes in Medicare Physician Payment Fee Schedule – COA Time Template — 2021
- Changes to Evaluation and Management Codes — 2021
- What’s New in Orthopaedics — 2018 Medicare (Webinar)
- How to Avoid a 4% Reduction in your Medicare Reimbursement? (audio)
- Noridian Medicare Portal
- Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement (CJR)
- Understanding the CMS Mandatory TJR Bundling (Enter your PIN 87010 to begin the program)
- Physical Examination Essentials — Musculoskeletal Evaluation and the AMA Guides
Orthopaedic Surgeon – Restores Function
Stark Self-Referral Laws
- AMA Stark Law — Rules of the Road — 7/2012
- Part 1 — California Workers’ Compensation — E-Billing — 8/2012
- Part 2 — California Workers’ Compensation — E-Billing — 5/2012
- Part 3 — California Workers’ Compensation — E-Billing — 5/2012
- Part 4 — California Workers’ Compensation — E-Billing — 6/2012
- AAOE Casting and Splinting Program — Standardize your practice’s training for casting and splinting staff with the AAOE Casting and Splinting Program.